Website is a collection of documents that are accessed through the internet(web pages). A web page is what you see on screen when you type put a query in the search engine. Websites have become the most powerful marketing tool for businesses available to them. Any business which does not have a website is missing on something very vital. The main reason as to why it is important for businesses is that people are likely to find you. These days people go online and research products and companies before they purchase, if you don’t have a website you are missing out on this potential business. Now, that we know how important websites have become for a business, how are they built?
What is a website builder?
Website builder is a tool that is used for construction of websites without manual code editing. They are categorized into 2 categories:
1) Online website builders(eg weebly or jimdo): these are tools provided by the web hosting companies. They require customers to sign up with the web hosting company. Some companies provide a fully functional websites as examples that are constructed using their website builders. The main advantage of online builders is that they are is to use and do not require any prior experience. The website can be built up and run live quickly on the internet. To work with this tool all you need is a web browser such as Firefox or internet explorer.
2) Offline website builders(eg :rapidweaver): These are software packages that can be downloaded and installed in a computer.
Features of online website builders
1) It’s possible to create a fully functional web page with an online website builders.
2) It’s easy to update the text, add new article, pictures or videos with an easy to use interface.
3) Modern online website builders follow the traditional content management system principle of maintaining a separation between the content and design. The advantage is that the websites designed in this way are more easily indexed by the search engines. So making changes in the content of the website becomes easier and the content does not need to be modified.
How to create a website?
There are three main steps to build a website
- Get a domain name: This page contains everything you need to know about domain names, why you need one, which is a good one and how to get one.
- Choose a Web host: This page helps you choose a good and correct web host.
- Creating a Web Site: This page helps you to build a website, what you should put and what you should not put. This page also helps you to choose the most appropriate website builder for you.
Once you have your domain name and web host, the next step is to build the website.
Website builder software
To build a website yourself,you need a web building software. There are two ways to get web building software.
1) Free from your web host: some web hosts have website building softwares that have free email and hosting. This is the best choice for a beginner. All you need to do is click on the design you want and then add a text. Act Now Domain and iPower website builders are easy to use and give best looking sites.
2) From an outside vendor: There are people who build website programs that you can buy and use to build your website yourself.
When you build a website:
- Do keep it simple
- Make it appealing
- Do not put any music or sound to the website
- Avoid using many slow loading articles on the website
- Avoid using pop-ups on your site
Once you build your website,all you need to do is get your web host’s server. This is called uploading. If you are using the build a software from your web host, all your files will be in the web host’s server all you need to do is click a button (publish or submit). If you are using stand alone website, you need to log in into your web host account and click on upload files button. Once the website is created, all you need to do is add some special content like newsletters, hit counters.
Newsletters: Constant contact is a best place that has everything , all you need is to collect email addresses and send newsletters. Here you can create your newsletters, they look fantastic.
Hit counters: Most of the website softwares already have this option in built.
There are many website builders available that could help get a perfect website for online business. So building a website could lift up a business economically.